New Excel Forum

This forum has been moved to TeachExcel.com

Ask all future questions in the New Excel Forum.

ExcelKey

Excel VBA & PDF Creator - Graphic page won't print

Macros, VBA, Excel Automation, etc.

Excel VBA & PDF Creator - Graphic page won't print

Postby artisan » Sat Dec 10, 2011 7:46 pm

I have a report in Excel where a selected number of worksheets are sent using VBA to PDF Creator via the PDF Queue, Combined and then Printed. Selected sheets are printed in "Chapter" batches, page numbered accordingly with uniqie Chapter pefix and consecutive Page numbers depending on pages in the worksheet.

All works perfectly until I get to the worksheet which has a large number of rectangle shapes (used as drawing dimension tables), lines (used as drawing dimension lines) and many border formatted cells to create the drawing. PDFCreator arrives at this drawing and then prints a blank sheet. If I print this sheet directly through the print menu to PDFCreator it works fine. I cannot get PDF Creator to include any content of the graphic worksheet through the PDFCreator vba commands.

I have tried a "Sleep 5000" entry in the PDF queue assuming it may have been needing longer to "think about it", but this has not worked. There are nil imported graphics on this worksheet.

Printed separately through PDF the single page file is 2mb in size, when you click on this worksheet it takes a second or two to "refresh" the screen content, so it is quite a busy worksheet.

I hope you can assist on this conundrum.

artisan
Rookie

Re: Excel VBA & PDF Creator - Graphic page won't print

Postby Don » Sat Dec 10, 2011 9:43 pm

Hi!

Can you include the VBA code you are using? Also, have you tried using another PDF creator like Solid PDF Creator (I think it's free)?

Don

Excel Version: 2010

Re: Excel VBA & PDF Creator - Graphic page won't print

Postby artisan » Wed Dec 14, 2011 11:39 pm

Please see the code for the PDF Creator. I have just added a page to my report with a png image attached and it too causes the program to stall.

If you create a worksheet pages with basic tabulations the code works fine, as soon as it hits a graphic I get problems with a blank page or stalling.

I will try the Solid PDF Creator also.

artisan
Rookie

Return to Macros and VBA Questions