New Excel Forum

This forum has been moved to TeachExcel.com

Ask all future questions in the New Excel Forum.

ExcelKey

Help with VBA

Macros, VBA, Excel Automation, etc.

Help with VBA

Postby ferocious12 » Thu Sep 22, 2016 11:55 am

Hi All,

I am new to VBA and banging my head for days now to find something suitable for summarizing column level data in my workbook from all the worksheets. Please help as I need to automate this ASAP !!

I have included the workbook with raw data & workbook with desired result including following steps in a tab:

1 Rename worksheets for month contained in cell B3
2 create a "Summary" worksheet
3 Copy column B from any of the two worksheets (just need the row headings) & paste it in column B of "Summary" worksheet
4 Search all worksheets in the workbook for "headers in row 6" & paste the headers in a new worksheet "Classes" excluding "total" column
5 Compare the headers in row 6 e.g. Class A, Class B etc. and list these for each worksheet highlighting any changes from one to next (e.g. column H is different in Apr worksheet)
6 Copy all the column headers from worksheet "Classes" so that no header is repeated
7 Search all the unique column headers from worksheet "Classes" within row 6 of all the month worksheets in the workbook and copy the whole column for each column header
8 Paste these columns in "Summary" worksheet
9 Pasted columns should be side by side e.g. "Class A from Apr worksheet" should be pasted beside "Class A from May worksheet"
10 Add name of the worksheet in a blank row in the "Summary" sheet for each column to identify source worksheet
11. would be great if a hyperlink can be created for each column header

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ferocious12
Rookie

Excel Version: 2007

Re: Help with VBA

Postby pecoflyer » Sat Sep 24, 2016 2:25 am

Hi
free forums are here to help members when stuck in their efforts.
It seems that you are asking us to build an entire project for you from scratch.
If this is the case contact a commercial forum.
If not, post your code also. Thanks

A relevant topic title helps get faster and more answers
pecoflyer

Excel Version: 2003/2007/2010

Help with VBA

Postby Embobebof » Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:39 am

Hi All,

Currently i am trying to convert an old MS BASIC code into VBA for use with an Excel Spreadsheet. The MS BASIC Code is as per below.

Code vb:

Embobebof
Rookie

Excel Version: 2007

Return to Macros and VBA Questions