New Excel Forum

This forum has been moved to TeachExcel.com

Ask all future questions in the New Excel Forum.

ExcelKey

Need Help with Excel Project

Macros, VBA, Excel Automation, etc.

Need Help with Excel Project

Postby csntt34 » Fri Mar 18, 2016 8:21 pm

I have spent several weeks now trying to figure out how to solve my project problem, unfortunately, I was unsuccessful, that is why I came here to ask for your help. I receive a NEW spreadsheet from my boss every 2 weeks. This new spreadsheet contains names of all new hires that are starting employment with us. These new employees have to take certain training tracks before they can start working, therefore, my job is to figure out what they need and place them into correct training track. Every training track has its own designated WEEK, DAY, TIME and CLASSROOM. In order to ensure correct training track is selected, I have to compare this NEW spreadsheet with our MASTER workbook based on the job code and the floor that they are going to work on, same job codes can have completely different training track based on the floor they are going to work on. What I am trying to do here is find the way for me to automatically run NEW spreadsheet job codes and floors against this MASTER workbook and have training track field automatically populated based on the corresponding training track from MASTER, as well as automatically populate fields for DATE, TIME and CLASSROOM based on the assigned information for specific training track. I am attaching the copy of NEW spreadsheet and MASTER sample for review. Please let me know if anyone can help. Thank You

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
csntt34
Rookie

Excel Version: 2010

Return to Macros and VBA Questions