New Excel Forum

This forum has been moved to TeachExcel.com

Ask all future questions in the New Excel Forum.

ExcelKey

Copy/Paste Potential Issue

Formulas, Functions, Formatting, Charts, Data Analysis, etc.

Copy/Paste Potential Issue

Postby Don » Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:12 pm

Hey everyone!

There have been a lot of posts about copy/paste and copy/paste special not working properly lately. Pecoflyer has sent some information that may help on this matter; it is quoted below.

Since the 13th of March (2012), there has been a large number of complaints that the Paste Special option in Excel (and Word) offers fewer options than it normally does.
Initially it wasn't clear what caused this problem, but it's starting to look like a recent update to the Skype Click-to-Call browser add-in is the culprit.

So if you are experiencing problems with Paste Special in Excel or Word, in particular if you can only paste as plain text, and if you have the Skype Click-to-Call add-in, you may consider disabling or uninstalling this add-in until Skype releases a fix.

Feel free to post any other solutions to copy/paste problems in Excel in this topic.

Regards,
Don

Don

Excel Version: 2010

Re: Copy/Paste Potential Issue

Postby a2z » Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:49 pm

Does anyone know how to disable this feature in Skype?

a2z
Rookie

Excel Version: 2007

Postby pecoflyer » Sat Mar 24, 2012 3:10 am

Also would be nice to have feedback from Skype users

A relevant topic title helps get faster and more answers
pecoflyer

Excel Version: 2003/2007/2010

Postby pecoflyer » Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:08 am

I have been poking around and it seems that uninstalling Click to Call solves the problem

pecoflyer

Postby tohsimon » Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:20 am

Hi, I too experienced this issue recently after installing Skpye. I went into Control Panel, All Control Panel items, Programs and Features and click on Microsoft Office and then Repair. I did not uninstall Skype. The copy and paste functions work now.

tohsimon
Rookie

Excel Version: ver 14.0.6

Postby tohsimon » Wed Mar 28, 2012 6:35 am

Followup on my previous posting. I still experienced intermittent. Now after when I uninstalled the Skype Click to Call function, it seems like my Excel is working again.

tohsimon
Rookie

Excel Version: ver 14.0.6

Postby Don » Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:27 am

Thanks for the update! At least now we know it works now for some people.

Don

Excel Version: 2010

Postby pecoflyer » Thu Apr 12, 2012 11:32 am

Skype has come up with a new add-on free of the problem see http://www.skype.com/intl/en-us/get-skype/on-your-computer/click-to-call/windows/

pecoflyer

Postby CrackedActr » Thu May 10, 2012 2:02 am

I have been going bonkers wondering what was causing my Excel copy/paste trouble. Now that I think about it my problems started shortly after installing Skype in March! I only had trouble intermittently and sometimes a reboot would fix it. I have reinstalled Skype based on the last post that says Skype has fixed the problem. I'll give it a few days to see if I have any more trouble in Excel but I'm betting this will do the trick!

THANK YOU!

:mrgreen:

CrackedActr
Rookie

Excel Version: 2007

cut and paste problem with MSExcel 2010

Postby cutefix » Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:48 am

Hello guys!
My sony laptop , VPCZ128GG( core-i7,8G RAm, 256 SSD, Win7 pro, is installed with the MS office 2010 and have a slight peculiar problem with my Excel; that is when i cut an paste a cell to another cell it does not go outright after releasing the mouse button, there is notification that says" the clipboard cannot be emptied, another program might be using the Clipboard..."
Then after I press Ok button then the cell transfer will materialize...
this peculiarity always happen when I move another content of one cell to another or even to different cells...
I did not experience this in other computers, I am not sure if this MS excel has bugs or there are peculiarites with the version 2010 that is not found in previous versions...

Can anybody provide me a solution to this problem?

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
cutefix
Rookie

Excel Version: Microsoft Excel 2010

Next

Return to General Excel Questions