New Excel Forum

This forum has been moved to TeachExcel.com

Ask all future questions in the New Excel Forum.

ExcelKey

Use value depending on begin of fianancial year

Formulas, Functions, Formatting, Charts, Data Analysis, etc.

Use value depending on begin of fianancial year

Postby Lazmail » Wed Mar 23, 2016 10:38 pm

Hi No Sparks,
It does not seem to be over 12 months but time flies when you are working on Excel problems.
I am still working on the same programme . ( slow Learner) and I have another problem that I cannot solve and was hoping for another helping hand from you.
I am attaching a piece of the programme that I am developing and I do not know how to find the problem and cure it.

You can see from the attached excel file I have a cell (E1) which gives me the date Now() and in cells (L2) & (L3) I have two formula that I wish to offer cell l1 as an alternative dependent upon the month of the year.

if the month of the Financial year is before the 1st of April I require that the value for Range (L1).value should be that which is available in Range (L2).value.

If the value for the Month as dictated by the date shown in Range (E1) is equal to 4,5,6 ( April, May, June) then the value of Range (L1) should be that which is predetermined in Range(L3).Value. ( Jul16) or (Jul"YY")

Once the date value of the cell E1 again becomes the Financial range I July through to March in the next "YY" ie "16 / 17" and I wish for it to become equal to the value of Range (L2).value.

I have tried various means of selecting the value for (L1) dependent upon the value of (E1) but it either gives me July16 for all those month values below July or they only give me the values for Jul16.

I hope that this is not too verbose for you with my description of the problem but I am completely stumped by this and would appreciate any help that you may be able to send in my direction.

I am sorry if I have posted this in the wrong place but I am thoroughly confused by the rules as this is only the second time that I have used the forum because I had lost the documentation.

Hope you can help

Cheers
Lazmail

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lazmail
Rookie

Excel Version: 2007

Re: New worksheet selection using "text" in cell on active sheet

Postby NoSparks » Thu Mar 24, 2016 1:15 am

perhaps one of these in L1

Code: Select all
=IF(OR(MONTH(E1)<4,MONTH(E1)>6),L2,L3)

or
Code: Select all
=IF(OR(MONTH(E1)=4,MONTH(E1)=5,MONTH(E1)=6),L3,L2)

NoSparks
Excel Hobbyist

Excel Version: 2010

Return to General Excel Questions