New Excel Forum

This forum has been moved to TeachExcel.com

Ask all future questions in the New Excel Forum.

ExcelKey

Excel 2003 workbook, stuck in Minimized

Formulas, Functions, Formatting, Charts, Data Analysis, etc.

Excel 2003 workbook, stuck in Minimized

Postby Lakota_Rain66 » Mon Dec 19, 2011 6:48 pm

Good afternoon, can someone please help me, I am using Excel 2003, and I have a workbook, and it is somehow locked in minimized. How do I return it to normal...

Lakota_Rain66
Rookie

Re: Excel 2003 workbook, stuck in Minimized

Postby Sisyphus » Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:13 pm

Hi,

I would start with the usual suspects: Close and open the workbook. Close and reload Excel. Restart the computer. Run a virus scan! If all of these fail, either your worksheet is corrupt or there is some code in it that sets the WindowState. So, you might try fighting water with water. Open the VB Editor Window (Alt_F11). Open the Immediate Window if it isn't shown already (View/Immediate Window). Put this code in the Immediate Window:
Code: Select all
Application.WindowState = xlMaximized

Press Enter.
Coming to think of it, this probably won't work because it maximazes the Active Window. Your problem might be that you can't make your workbook the ActiveWindow. If this is the case the question is why you can't. Answer: Because something is preventing you from selecting it. This might be another file that is hugging the limelight. Or your Excel application software might be damanged. So, add "Repair Excel" to the list of suspects.

Basically, if the PC has been freshly started, and Excel has been freshly started, and there isn't any other workbook around, the workbook you open can't be minimized. If it still is you should see a blank screen with "Excel" in the window's caption and the workbook's tab in the Toolbar at the bottom. If that is what you see the above code might do its job. But it will not cure the problem and the workbook might be minimized again at any time.

I wish you luck - the good variety of it, and in adequate measure. :D
Have a pleasant evening!

Have a great day! :D

Sisyphus
I do this for "honour and country" - much less of the latter, actually.
If I helped you, award points, plenty of them.
If I bored you, deduct points for being too long-winded. (I know, :lol)
Sisyphus
Former Moderator

Excel Version: 2010

Return to General Excel Questions