New Excel Forum

This forum has been moved to TeachExcel.com

Ask all future questions in the New Excel Forum.

ExcelKey

Search Sort Name split to column I think I am Stuck

Formulas, Functions, Formatting, Charts, Data Analysis, etc.

Search Sort Name split to column I think I am Stuck

Postby Beattle Juice » Fri Jan 29, 2016 2:29 am

I have been working on this for a few days now if you saw the last sheet i posted this is what i has become if anybody has the time to look at it and see if they can figure out if i am heading in the right direction and any help is much appreciated i took the picture files that used to be in it out since they were not needed and thanks again

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Just asking the right question the right way is the biggest problem to getting the right answer...with that said LOOKs like I got some problems. LOL
Beattle Juice
Rookie

Excel Version: 13 & 2007

Re: Search Sort Name split to column I think I am Stuck

Postby Ift Yewd Toadme » Fri Jan 29, 2016 6:39 pm

3 search fields 1 with 1 category 1 with 2 categories and 1 with 20 categories all returning results from category 1 ? One could use such for things that you are not using it for. Music, Inventory, Parts / Compatibility. I Hope you fix this ...LOL I want a copy if you do. If I can Help I will Post a updated version with my name on the end of the new file..just to keep it from getting mixed up with your file names. I am a newb though so i may not be much help is alot of stuff in that thing :)

Ift Yewd Toadme
Rookie

Excel Version: 2007

Re: Search Sort Name split to column I think I am Stuck

Postby Beattle Juice » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:28 pm

Yeah it has become my Rubik's Cube except i cant peel off all the stickers and re sort them to solve it lol . i been working on it since December last year it has changed shape and form a lot since then. alot of the formulas i dont even understand which is alot of my problem with it taking as long as it has, trying to find the right one to work with the lay out. i dunno i might have goofed it all up and went the wrong way about to get it to work. i feel like am close though i could be wrong on that though...we shall see, if i dont give up on it first. not sure as to where to even look to make it look through the director list and get it to stack the 2 column names list and return a value with the other name column. just asking the right question the right way is the biggest problem to getting the right answer

Just asking the right question the right way is the biggest problem to getting the right answer...with that said LOOKs like I got some problems. LOL
Beattle Juice
Rookie

Excel Version: 13 & 2007

Return to General Excel Questions