New Excel Forum

This forum has been moved to TeachExcel.com

Ask all future questions in the New Excel Forum.

ExcelKey

How to split 2 or more email address in 1 cell?

Formulas, Functions, Formatting, Charts, Data Analysis, etc.

Re: How to split 2 or more email address in 1 cell?

Postby Sisyphus » Mon Dec 12, 2011 3:29 am

Hi Ru5ty,

I receive mail from people who want to be my brokers that I consider spam. But that doesn't mean that every broker sends spam to his clients. I don't think that my own brokers' mail is spam. In fact, I value the information they send me. Rather than questioning your integrity I would like to view this as a chance to take influence on a broker's behavior, since you are obviously on the inside of an operation that might, potentially, get out of hand. To me, spam is something that keeps coming and can't be switched off. Some one who trades in mailing lists is as much of a spammer to me as the one who sends the mails. For whatever influence you can take, please make sure that the people who will receive your mails get an opt-out button they can use. Perhaps easier even and at least equally important, make sure that such requests result in the removal of names from the list. Make your voice heard when the sale or purchase or swaps of mailing lists are discussed.

Launcher, spamming will not be stamped out by not helping spammers maintain their databases. We might put a dent in it if people like Ru5ty, who handle mailing lists, large or small, have a clear idea of what spam is and stand up for their beliefs - by which I am describing responsible behavior.

Ru5sty, you are welcome to use the formulae I have worked out. Put them to good use, and let's all get back to Excel.

Have a nice day, every one!

Have a great day! :D

Sisyphus
I do this for "honour and country" - much less of the latter, actually.
If I helped you, award points, plenty of them.
If I bored you, deduct points for being too long-winded. (I know, :lol)
Sisyphus
Former Moderator

Excel Version: 2010

Re: How to split 2 or more email address in 1 cell?

Postby ru5ty » Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:46 am

Hi Sisyphus,

Thank you for your generosity, be assured that I will put it to good use.

It is really useful, since no eyeballs are needed to go through the list of huge client database, just to identify clients having more then 1 email addresses.

My intention for the formulae is just as simple.

Thanks alot.

Ru5ty

ru5ty
Rookie

Previous

Return to General Excel Questions