New Excel Forum

This forum has been moved to TeachExcel.com

Ask all future questions in the New Excel Forum.

ExcelKey

Simple Formula to Hide Row

Formulas, Functions, Formatting, Charts, Data Analysis, etc.

Simple Formula to Hide Row

Postby trippcrosby » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:17 pm

I'm looking for the simplest possible code to conditionally add certain rows of data form one sheet to another sheet. I can't use macros because I'm making a Google doc.

In the workbook I have eight sheets that are lists of vendors and their costs. I'd like certain rows in each sheet to automatically copy to a master list in a ninth worksheet depending on if a certain cell in that row is blank or not.

I'm fairly new to excel, so... this question might not even make sense.

Help.

trippcrosby
Rookie

Re: Simple Formula to Hide Row

Postby Don » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:45 pm

Hi and welcome to the forum!

If you're doing all of this for Google docs, you should probably ask your question in a Google docs forum. That said, you can't actually add a row of data to a another worksheet with formulas. Formulas can only make it look like you have dynamically added data. By this I mean that in order to have a formula 'input' data into a cell, the formula must already be contained within the cell where the data would appear. Therefore, the formula would be made to look like it is not there when it really is until you want a piece of data to appear in that cell.

This result is often achieved with an IF statement in Excel. However, we would need a more concrete example or sample worksheet in order to give you a formula that you could plug in to your spreadsheet in order to get the desired result.

Don

Excel Version: 2010

Return to General Excel Questions